Guam EPSCoR brings innovative and exciting research opportunities to The University of Guam. Undergraduate and graduate students will be able to participate in a variety of paid and volunteer opportunities.
For 2015-2020, Guam EPSCoR research at the University of Guam Marine Laboratory will focus upon 1) establishing a comprehensive physical and genetic biorepository of marine species of Guam, 2) analysis of genetic factors that underlie coral resilience, and 3) analysis of physical oceanographic factors that contribute to or mitigate environmental stress responses on coral reefs.
- Graduate Research Assistantships
- Summer Research Experience
- Citizen Science in Pago and Umatac watersheds (Fall 2016)
- Guam Ecosystems Collaboratorium (GEC) STEM Internship Network
- Graduate student professional development workshops (Fall 2016)
For more information, contact Dr. Laura Biggs 735-7183 or 735-2169